Talents Durban Application Information
- Completed application form, including a sample of past work and an ongoing project. You must have obtained the written consent of the other copyright owners for the use of the work sample and project submitted.
- Selection will be from one of the following categories - screenwriting, directing, film criticism and animation.
- Talents Durbans accepts - experienced film professionals OR students in the final year of studies, OR film school graduate, OR professionals with comparable work experience in the film and media industry.
- At least one short/feature film has to been screened at a recognized film festival, OR the applicant must have worked on a TV drama series that has aired widely, OR have worked on a web or mobile drama series that has around 5,000 views.
- For the Talent Press programme - applicants must have at least one year’s experience as a film critic/reviewer/journalist.
- The programme is for citizens of an African country, residing in Africa and be at least 18 years of age by 1 July 2022
NB - Please note that the application is based on individual submissions and we cannot accept team applications.
Full Criteria, terms and conditions and code of conduct can be found here Click here Terms and conditions. Please read before applying. Terms and Conditions - to be signed by selected participants upon acceptance.
Technical Evaluation - Application will be evaluated according to eligibility criteria
Project Evaluation - A panel of independent industry professionals will evaluate the submission and project package
Confirming shortlisted projects - Shortlisted projects will be contacted for availability and confirmation
Announcement of official selection - Public announcement of participants
All enquiries pertaining to the programme must be directed to DFMI via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Durban FilmMart Institute reserves the right to alter programme guidelines with a general email notification to all potential applicants
- Time commitments with specific dates will be communicated to selected participants upon confirmation of selection. Participants are expected to attend all sessions.