Welcome to the 13th edition of the Durban FilmMart. Thank you for accepting our invitation to participate in our hybrid event. We look forward to hosting you.
Herewith important guidelines to navigate our programme, please set aside 15 minutes to read through this document careful:
1. Using the Virtual Event Platform (VEP)
The Durban FilmMart virtual platform is available by logging into our website:
- Desktop: https://durbanfilmmart.co.za/login
For easy access, we recommend bookmarking this URL on your browser.
2. Find out more about a session and booking your seat
- The full DFM programme can be accessed by clicking on the main DFM Event 2022 dropdown tab once you have registered and logged into your account.
- From the dropdown, you will be able to access the following: DFM 2022 programme, delegates, speakers and sponsors.
- Click on ‘DFM Programme’ to view all the sessions.
- Or, click here to view the virtual and physical programmes: https://durbanfilmmart.co.za/programmes/
- You will then be able to filter your search according to programme type, time zone and day.
- Next to each session, click on ‘Details’ to view more information and who the speakers are. You can also click on the speakers to be taken to their profile page to learn more about who they are. You can then “Add” the session to your personal calendar to serve as a reminder.
- The Zoom link to join each Webinar session will be found under each session description.
- Viewing the programme in your time zone – Once you have logged into the VEP, click on the DFM programme via the main DFM event dropdown tab. Within the filter section there will be a dropdown for you to select your time zone. Once selected, the sessions will be displayed within that selected time zone.
3. Viewing your personal schedule
- When viewing the programme, click on “Add” next to the sessions that you would like to attend. You will be prompted to download the calendar event to your computer.
- Upon clicking on the download, the selected session will appear within your personal calendar.
- You will be able to view the session description and information from within your personal calendar.
4. Find out more about speakers
- Select “Speakers” from the main DFM event 2022 dropdown menu.
- Or, click here to view the speakers involved in the virtual and physical DFM: https://durbanfilmmart.co.za/speakers/
- You will be directed to a page of all speakers where you can search for a specific speaker by name
- Tap on the speaker’s profile picture from the list to see their profile
5. DFM Hangout sessions
The DFM Hangout sessions have a maximum capacity of 40 participants, allowing interpersonal interaction that is not possible in webinars of large numbers. Access to the DFM Hangouts will be opened to delegates 15 minutes before each session and entry will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Update Your Profile:
There are two areas to update your profile.
Account Details – update your DFMI details including password and display name
My Profile – update your DFM 2022 accreditation details including Industry Designation, profile photo, requesting content shop accreditation, social media handles etc.
- To access your account details:
- Log into your account
- Select the profile icon in the top right corner, next to the magnifying glass icon
- In the left hand navigation bar, select “My Profile”, “My Accreditations”, “Account Details” etc.
- My Accreditations will display the accreditation type (virtual or physical event) that you have registered for
- My Applications will display any applications that you have submitted around Content Shop, Talents Durban etc.
- Orders will display any purchases you have made regarding your registration.
- Looking for someone specific? Click on Delegates in the main DFM Event 2022 dropdown menu or click here: https://durbanfilmmart.co.za/delegates/
At the top you will find a Search bar. Add the name of the person you are searching for to see if they have registered for DFM 2022! Once you have found them, click on their email address to send them a message! The delegate will then receive your message via email and can respond accordingly.
- Twitter Feed
We have a live twitter feed displaying at the bottom of the website homepage! The Twitter Feed will pull posts from Twitter – so be sure to engage with us and we’ll retweet your posts using the #DFM2022 hashtag! Be sure to tweet throughout the event in order to be featured!
7. DFM Content Shop
The DFM CONTENT SHOP is open to pre-approved Decision Makers only. The Content Shop provides access to 60 completed films available for distribution and sales. The Content Shop will be available from 15 July – 15 August 2022.
- In mid-July you will receive an email from the Incoproduction team that will explain how to access the Content Shop.
- You will be given login details to gain access to the Content Shop
8. DFM Pitch Forum
The DFM Pitch Forum will take place 22 – 24 July and is accessible to all delegates as observers.
1:1 Meetings with the DFM 2022 Projects will take place from 26th – 29th July. These meetings are scheduled by the Finance Forum Coordinator.
The DFM 2022 Official Projects Dossier can be downloaded from our website. We will update you when this ready for you to access.
The projects can also be viewed online in the DFM Content Shop (Only open to decision makers). Should you wish to schedule a meeting with any of the official projects, please email your request to [email protected]
9. Missed Sessions
All Industry Sessions will be recorded and can be viewed 48 hours after the session.
The Industry sessions have the following interpretation options – French and Portuguese. This is available in each session, please select ‘Interpretation’ in the ‘Meeting/Webinar controls’ and select the language you want to hear or see. Please ensure to mute the ‘Original Audio’.
11. Key Contacts
- General Queries/ Delegate Registration/ Accreditation: [email protected]
- Technical Queries: [email protected]
- Management (Magdalene Reddy): [email protected]
- DFM Pitch Forum (Faiza Williams): [email protected]
- Talents Durban (Menzi Mhlongo): [email protected]
- Industry Programme and DFM Content Shop (Mitchell Harper): [email protected]
- Marketing and Advertising (Maxine Burke): [email protected]
- Publicity and Media Relations (Lee Rondganger/ Nadia Davids): [email protected]