DFM Access Application Information
Applications are closed.
The programme is open to emerging South African filmmakers with an active project in development. The producer must not have participated in an international lab/ pitching programme or market before.
Technical Evaluation – Application will be evaluated according to eligibility criteria
Project Evaluation – A panel of industry professionals will evaluate the submission and project package
Confirming shortlisted projects – Shortlisted projects will be contacted for availability and confirmation
Announcement of official selection – Public announcement of participants
- All enquiries pertaining to the programme must be directed to DFMI via [email protected]
- Applicants are not permitted to direct any questions or comments to evaluation panel members in advance of deadlines or following decisions.
- The Durban FilmMart Institute reserves the right to alter programme guidelines with a general email notification to all potential applicants
- Time commitments with specific dates will be communicated to selected participants upon confirmation of selection. Participants are expected to attend all sessions.
Terms and Conditions – to be signed by applicants.
1. Applicants may submit more than one project for consideration but only one project can be selected
for each applicant per programme cycle.
2. Projects selected as official projects for a particular programme cycle cannot be submitted again.
3. Successful applicants will be required to submit documents to prove the ownership of all the
intellectual property rights of the film.
4. A single representative must be present during the entire programme.
5. The Durban FilmMart Institute reserves the right to alter programme guidelines with general public
notice to all potential applicants.
6. Applicants are not permitted to direct any questions or comments to evaluation panel members in
advance of deadlines or following decisions. All enquiries pertaining to the programme must be
directed to Durban FilmMart Institute staff.
7. The Durban FilmMart Institute support is to be acknowledged with a Durban FilmMart Institute
credit and logo on promotional materials relating to the project, subject to customary exclusions and
8. Once the project is completed, the credits must mention that the project was presented at the DFM
Click here to download Terms and conditions
|4th October 2023||Project applications open|
|20th October 2023||Project applications close|
|9th November 2023||Selected participants contacted/ confirmed|
|17th November to 13th February 2024||Online mentorship programme (twice weekly, specific dates will be communicated to selected project participants)|
|March 2024||3 x project participants selected to pitch at DFM annual event notified|
|July 2024||DFM annual event – 18-22 July 2024|